Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Isaiah 40-41

This is Alex Tuckness.  I will be guest blogging for Jeff while he is in Zambia for the next week or two.  I feel like I hit the jackpot in terms of where I am getting to jump in because Isaiah 40-66 is one of my favorite sections of the Old Testament.  There is a major shift in tone.  Much of 1-39 was about God judgment on sin, his coming wrath.  Wrath against the nations, and punishment for God's own people as well.  Now the scene shifts and Isaiah is writing to the generation yet to come who will be living in exile and is writing them words of comfort.  Chapters 40-41 tell us something deep about where our comfort comes from: the greatness of God who is more powerful than idols, more powerful than the nations.  That is our comfort, that is our strength.  Read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment