Monday, March 26, 2012

Leviticus 21-22

First off, thanks to Alex and Charlie for guest-writing the blog that last couple of weeks.  I was in Greece on a study tour.  They wrote some great pieces ... bummer for you, the reader, that I'm back at the keyboard!


The last part of today's reading sums it up well ... “You are to keep My commands and do them; I am Yahweh. You must not profane My holy name; I must be treated as holy among the Israelites. I am Yahweh who sets you apart, the One who brought you out of the land of Egypt to be your God; I am Yahweh.”


In Christ we have bold access to the throne of grace (Hebrews 4:15-16).  This can cause us to take for granted the ease by which we approach God.  These chapters remind us of how "other than" God is.  His holiness is pronounced by the difficulty of the approach to Him.  


It is good to read these words and thank Jesus again and again that He made the way free and accessible to us. 


Read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment